Course: Nail Technology Program
Course Length: 300 hours
INSTITUTIONAL GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The primary objective of SHEARS is to provide learning opportunities and educational experiences primarily to students of Pennsylvania.
To provide a quality, innovative program, in the field of Nail Technology, in quality, variety and cost commensurate with the known need of students, citizens, and the State. To prepare the student with adequate and appropriate preparation for licensing examination and prepare the student with knowledge and skills for employment at an entry-level position in the Nail Technology field.
Nail Technology is the cosmetic treatment of the hands, feet, legs, arms, and nails. The actual performance of the many techniques employed by the Nail Technologist is referred to as the art of Nail Technology. Practical performance demonstration and practice are employed in conjunction with the study of theory.
Upon completion of the Nail Technology Program, the student will be able to:
- Analyze nail and foot problems and administer corrective treatments.
- Recognize nail and skin disorders, irregularities and diseases of the foot and hand.
- Identify the anatomy and physiology of the arm, hand, foot, leg, and nail structure.
- Select and use the correct equipment, implements, materials and cosmetics for a manicure/pedicure.
- Prepare a manicure/pedicure table for the service.
- Administer the physical techniques of massage.
- Perform a plain and oil manicure/pedicure.
- Perform men’s manicures.
- Perform the following nail polish applications:
- Full nail.
- Half moon nail.
- Free edge nail.
- Perform nail wraps, nail repairs, and nail extensions (tips, caps, and press-on artificial nails).
- Perform nail sculpturing and fill-ins.
- Employ basic first aid measures.
- Practice hygiene and good grooming.
- Practice professional ethics and personality development.
- Employ rules of sanitation and sterilization.
- Employ safety precautions.
- Practice and employ the rules, regulations, and laws of the Pennsylvania State Board of Cosmetology.
- Practice good salesmanship.
- Seek and obtain employment.
Now enrolling! Register for classes today!