Course: Esthetician Program
Course Length: 500 hours
INSTITUTIONAL GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The primary objective of SHEARS is to provide learning opportunities and educational experiences primarily to students of Pennsylvania.
To provide a quality, innovative program, in the field of Esthetics, in quality, variety and cost commensurate with the known need of students, citizens, and the State. To prepare the student with adequate and appropriate preparation for licensing examination and prepare the student with knowledge and skills for employment at an entry-level position in the Esthetician field.
Esthetics is the cosmetic treatment of beautifying the skin. The actual performance of the many techniques employed by the Estheticians referred to as the art of Esthetics. Practical performance demonstration and practice are employed in conjunction with the study of theory.
Upon completion of the Esthetician Program, the student will be able to:
- Analyze facial skin problems and administer corrective treatments.
- Recognize face, neck, and skin disorders, irregularities and diseases of the face and neck.
- Identify the anatomy and physiology of the face and neck structure.
- Select and use the correct equipment, implements, materials and cosmetics for a facial.
- Prepare a Esthetics table for the service.
- Administer the physical techniques of massage.
- Perform a facial massage.
- Perform men’s facial massage.
- Perform the following Esthetics applications:
- Massage movements.
- Perform Facial and Body Scrubs.
- Perform Make-up application.
- Employ basic first aid measures.
- Practice hygiene and good grooming.
- Practice professional ethics and personality development.
- Employ rules of sanitation and sterilization.
- Employ safety precautions.
- Practice and employ the rules, regulations, and laws of the Pennsylvania State Board of Cosmetology.
- Practice good salesmanship.
- Seek and obtain employment.
Now enrolling! Register for classes today!